Naturalization & Citizenship
A legal permanent resident (“green card” holder) may apply for naturalization after having his or her legal permanent residency (“LPR”) for a number of years. Our Citizenship Attorneys can assist you if you fall into any of the following categories and wish to file for naturalization/citizenship:
- You obtained your legal permanent residency by marriage to a U.S. Citizen and you have been an LPR for three (3) years; or
- You obtained your legal permanent residency through VAWA and you have been an LPR for three (3) years; or
- You have been a legal permanent resident for five (5) years
In addition, you may have automatically derived citizenship. Please contact us if you fall into any of the following categories:
- Your parent was a U.S. citizen when you were born; or
- You were under eighteen (18) years old when your parent became a U.S. citizen; or
- You have served in the U.S. Armed Forces (including active duty, reserves, or National Guard)
Furthermore, our firm has been successful in obtaining naturalization for legal permanent residents with multiple criminal convictions. Contact us if you have a criminal conviction and would like determine if you are eligible for naturalization.
Contact a Naturalization and Citizenship Attorney in New York
If you have questions about applying for naturalization and citizenship, and seek legal advice, contact the Law Office of Betty Huang P.C. experienced Naturalization Attorneys in New York, at (646) 768-4190 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a consultation.