Criminal Deportation and Removal Defense

If you are in deportation/removal proceedings, it is essential that you find an immigration attorney to represent you before the Immigration Court. The U.S. immigration laws are complex and confusing. The proceedings are overwhelming and intimidating. It is necessary for you to seek the advice from an experienced New York Deportation Attorney.

Detention: How We Can Help

If your friend/loved one is currently detained by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (“ICE”) in any of the 50 states, he/she may be eligible for release on payment of a bond or on his/her own recognizance (i.e. no bond). We can help you file a request with ICE or the Immigration Court.

Changing Venue

If you live in the New York City/Tri-State area but have removal/deportation proceedings in another state, we can help you file a Motion to Change Venue.

Staying in the U.S.

There are various applications you can file before the Immigration Court so that you can stay in the United States, which include:

  • Adjustment of Status based on an approved I-130 Application filed by your family member
  • Cancellation of Removal
  • Asylum and Withholding of Removal
  • Adjustment of Status with a Waiver of Inadmissibility (i.e. I-601 Extreme Hardship Waiver) in order to waive (i.e. pardon) your criminal conviction(s)

Outstanding Order of Deportation/Removal

  • If you have already been ordered deported/removed from the United States, it may be possible to reopen your case based on certain circumstances. We can help you file a Motion to Reopen and assist you in obtaining your legal permanent residency.
  • It also may be possible to obtain a Stay of Deportation/Removal from ICE based on humanitarian reasons (ex: you have a severe medical condition).

Contact Experienced Deportation Defense Attorneys

The Law Office of Betty Huang’s P.C. accomplished Deportation Attorneys in NYC are prepared to assist you if you or your loved one have deportation or removal issues. Contact us at (646) 768-4190 or email at to schedule a consultation.